Etched foil heaters
The etched foil heaters CEFx can be used in various applications for heating surfaces and fluids in technologically advanced fields, such as aeronautics or the space industry, and in the most common fields such as the catering industry, for bain marie applications and for hot plates. The manufacturing technology is that of printed circuit boards: they are made up of a resistive circuit, made of nickel/chrome alloys, sandwiched between two layers of insulation material.
- The animal care and rearing sector uses electrical resistors in the most varied of applications: in fish tanks and reptile tanks, incubators and hatcheries, kennels for dogs and cats, and to heat shelters and small farms, and more.
- Medical and Scientific
- Various different types of electrical resistors are also used for medical equipment and scientific instruments (such as liquid analysers, dosing systems and ampoules). The aim is to maintain the correct fluid viscosity and create optimal temperature conditions for preparing and storing medicines and chemical substances.
- Bathroom Furnishing
- Calorflex electrical resistors are used, for example, to stop condensation from forming on mirrors; to heat walls, floors and benches in bathrooms, saunas and relaxation areas; and in heated towel rails, heaters and electric radiators.
- Domestic Use
- Electric blankets, heated cushions and footrests, heated surfaces, warming drawers, heated towel rails and drying cabinets: these are just some of the most common appliances which use different types of electrical resistors.
- In the flower-growing sector, electrical resistors are used to monitor and maintain the temperature in greenhouses and nurseries, to help flowers, fruits and plants grow, as well as in propagator systems, and irrigation and moistening systems, and more.
- There are numerous appliances in the catering sector equipped with electrical resistors, including: cooking equipment, ovens, plate warmers, warming drawers, display cases, water baths, heated surfaces, pastry warmers, pizza warmers, coffee machines, etc.
- Frost Protection & Snow Melting
- One of the most popular applications of electrical resistors is to protect against ice and snow formation on roads, access ramps, pavements, pedestrian crossings, steps, guttering, ducts and pipes: they can help avoid expensive restoration and repair work.
- Industry and Building Yards
- Maintaining a constant temperature is often a primary requirement in the industrial and building sectors. Calorflex resistors can be used to heat pipes and tanks, silos and cisterns, work surfaces and levelling tables: the list goes on.
- Commercial Refrigeration
- In equipment that is part of commercial refrigeration (refrigerated counters, blast chillers, ice cream counters, refrigerated display cases, vertical displays, buffet counters, etc.), designed to work at temperatures below zero, installing heating cables, cartridge resistors and resistors tubular is essential to prevent the formation of condensation ice and to help evaporation.
- Machinery and Special Equipment
- The list of machinery and specialist instruments equipped with electrical resistors is vast and diversified: resistors for heating electrical/electronic power boxes, satellite dishes, wind turbine blades, snow guns and ink containers. These are just some of the most common usage examples.
- Sport E Wellness
- Resistors for heating sports equipment, playing fields, pool tables, saunas, Turkish baths, spas and hydromassage baths can all be customised and adapted to suit the most varied of needs.
Download Specification Sheet
For more information contact us.