Constant power heating cable
The constant power heating cable CPCx finds its primary use in the field of industrial refrigeration, especially in cold rooms. It is a double conductor cable having the same power per meter: the heating section is easily identified thanks to the connection points marked with a black continuous line at intervals of 500mm. It is supplied on reels of 100m - 250m - 500m. It can be equipped with an external metal braiding to ensure an additional mechanical protection and earthing of the cable.
- The animal care and rearing sector uses electrical resistors in the most varied of applications: in fish tanks and reptile tanks, incubators and hatcheries, kennels for dogs and cats, and to heat shelters and small farms, and more.
- Medical and Scientific
- Various different types of electrical resistors are also used for medical equipment and scientific instruments (such as liquid analysers, dosing systems and ampoules). The aim is to maintain the correct fluid viscosity and create optimal temperature conditions for preparing and storing medicines and chemical substances.
- Bathroom Furnishing
- Calorflex electrical resistors are used, for example, to stop condensation from forming on mirrors; to heat walls, floors and benches in bathrooms, saunas and relaxation areas; and in heated towel rails, heaters and electric radiators.
- Air Conditioning
- Construction and installation companies for condensing and cooling units use various types of electrical resistors to prevent ice from forming and to maintain the correct temperature during defrosting and evaporation cycles.
- Domestic Use
- Electric blankets, heated cushions and footrests, heated surfaces, warming drawers, heated towel rails and drying cabinets: these are just some of the most common appliances which use different types of electrical resistors.
- In the flower-growing sector, electrical resistors are used to monitor and maintain the temperature in greenhouses and nurseries, to help flowers, fruits and plants grow, as well as in propagator systems, and irrigation and moistening systems, and more.
- Frost Protection & Snow Melting
- One of the most popular applications of electrical resistors is to protect against ice and snow formation on roads, access ramps, pavements, pedestrian crossings, steps, guttering, ducts and pipes: they can help avoid expensive restoration and repair work.
- Industry And Building Yards
- Maintaining a constant temperature is often a primary requirement in the industrial and building sectors. Calorflex resistors can be used to heat pipes and tanks, silos and cisterns, work surfaces and levelling tables: the list goes on.
- Temperature Maintenance
- Maintaining the correct temperature of liquids in piping, ducts, valves and fittings, containers, tanks, repositories and more is one of the main uses of our resistors.
- Commercial Refrigeration
- In equipment that is part of commercial refrigeration (refrigerated counters, blast chillers, ice cream counters, refrigerated display cases, vertical displays, buffet counters, etc.), designed to work at temperatures below zero, installing heating cables, cartridge resistors and resistors tubular is essential to prevent the formation of condensation ice and to help evaporation.
- Industrial Refrigeration
- Monoblock chillers, cooling chambers and related accessories (doors, balancing valves and drives), cooling repositories and containers, tunnel freezers, refrigeration compressors, etc. are all equipped with electrical resistors to avoid problems caused by low temperatures and the formation of condensation and ice.
- Machinery and Special Equipment
- The list of machinery and specialist instruments equipped with electrical resistors is vast and diversified: resistors for heating electrical/electronic power boxes, satellite dishes, wind turbine blades, snow guns and ink containers. These are just some of the most common usage examples.
- Sports E Wellness
- Resistors for heating sports equipment, playing fields, pool tables, saunas, Turkish baths, spas and hydromassage baths can all be customised and adapted to suit the most varied of needs.
Download Specification Sheet
For more information contact us.